- narrower construction corridors for road or rail works requiring steeper retaining walls;
- steeply sloping housing developments needing soil reinforcement to create terraces to maximise development areas;
- the presence of groundwater adjacent to new structures may require drainage;
- commercial developments on soft soils in a redevelopment zone needing basal reinforcement
- tunnelling works for metros or other underground infrastructure
Aesthetic and performance-minded. Additionally the aesthetics are important as is the performance of the intervention as a screening, acoustic or safety barrier. Selection of a solution that minimises the disruption to residents, commuters and commerce can also be a factor. Maccaferri wide range of solutions can be tailored to embrace as many of these requirements as possible.